Safety Coordinator - Training JMD 
Posted Date :
27 Apr 2018
Function/Business Area :
Job Responsibilities :
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL) is India's largest private sector company, with a consolidated turnover of INR 330,180 crore ($50.9 billion), cash profit of INR 42,800 crore ($6.6 billion), and net profit of INR 29,901 crore ($4.6 billion) for the year ended March 31, 2017.
Our vision has pushed us to achieve global leadership in many of our businesses - including our position as the largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world. In 2004, we became the first private sector company from India to feature in Fortune's Global 500 list of 'World's Largest Corporations' - currently ranking 203rd in terms of revenues, and 110th in terms of profits in the world. Today, Reliance stands 106th in the 'Forbes Global 2000' rankings for 2017 - the top-most among Indian companies.
RIL ranks 10th in LinkedIn's 2017 list of 'Top Companies Where India Wants to Work Now'.
- Monitoring the operation of Sewage / Waste Water Treatment Plant
- Monitoring the operations of water treatment plant and ensure quality of drinking water
- Monitor the environmental parameters at site for air emissions, water discharges, noise levels, solid / hazardous waste etc., as per requirements of SPCB.
- Reporting deviations in monitored environmental parameters & plan corrective actions.
- Prepare documents for renewal of consents (CCA), consent to establish (CTE), authorizations, etc.
- Ensure timely submission data required for monthly / half yearly compliance reports to Environment Dept.
- Timely submission of compliance reports
- Update and maintain records of the procedures.
- Co-ordinate with SPCB officials during site inspection for routine monitoring, renewal / grant of consents / authorizations.
- Conduct internal / external audits under Integrated Management Systems.
- Review the achievement of objectives and targets set under EMS and maintaining and continually improving EMS.
- Impart training to all the employees / contractor#s on performace monitoring of STPs / ETP.
- Any other job assigned by sectional Head (Environment) in the areas of Environmental Management Systems and Environmental Compliances
Education Requirement :
- Degree in Environmental Engineering or Chemical Engineering or BSc / MSc with Post Graduation in Environmental Science/ engineering or equivalent
- Certified ISO-14001 auditor.
- Additional qualifications in Safety & Occupational health
Experience Requirement :
- 3 - 4 years of working experience in manufacturing site preferably in petroleum / petrochemical / chemical units in the areas of environmental monitoring
Skills & Competencies :
Sound knowledge of Environmental Legislations and Environmental Management Systems.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skill
· Hands on experience on computer skills
Be a team player
At Reliance, every employee is expected to abide by the six Core Values and associated behaviours that underpin our way of working. We are also committed to adhering to our candidate charter to deliver the best candidate experience.