"Your Leadership. Energising Reliance. India's Future"
Reliance Industries Limited (RIL), founded by Dhirubhai H. Ambani four decades ago, is India's largest private sector company. RIL's activities span hydrocarbon exploration and production, petroleum refining and marketing, petrochemicals, retail and 4G digital services.
A significant global player in the integrated energy value chain, RIL recorded a consolidated turnover of INR 296,091 crore ($44.7 billion), a cash profit of INR 40,737 crore ($6.1 billion) and net profit of INR 27,630 crore ($4.2 billion) in FY 2015-16.
In 2004, RIL became the first private sector company from India to make it to the Fortune Global 500 list of 'World's Largest Corporations'. It currently ranks 215th in terms of revenues, and 126th in terms of profits. In FT Global 500 list (2015), the company ranks 238th, and in FT Emerging 500 it ranks 31st. RIL ranks 121st on the Forbes Global 2000 list (2016), continuing to be the top-ranked Indian company.
RIL took its policy of backward vertical integration to an altogether different plane when it diversified from textile and petrochemicals into petroleum refining, and forayed into oil & gas exploration and production.
RIL is the second largest polyester yarn and fibre producer in the world and among the top-10 petrochemical producers.
· Provides guidance on the implementation of PSM and the Process Safety related Operating Management System (OMS) elements.
· Assist in the self-verification system of Process Safety elements.
· Assist in resolving identified gaps in implementation of Process Safety elements in PSM and OMS as found in Self-verification, HSE audits and 3rd party audits.
· Facilitate in providing training in the subject of process safety.
· Participate and/or lead in the incident investigation process for Process Safety Incidents. Review quality of incident investigation report & LFI#s for circulation and learnings. Monitor implementation of recommendations.
· Verifies that process safety related standards/procedures are updated, trained, and available of use.
· Monitors and analyzes leading and lagging process safety performance indicators for his site and his technologies.
· Counsels Department and Site Leadership on improvement opportunities for Process Safety.
· Assist Site and Department Leadership with development of Process Safety related improvement activities
· Coordination with other process safety managers on Site which operate the same technologies and CoE_T to ensure process safety improvement activities are implemented.
· Analyse Process Safety Incidents and advice CoE_T, REAM, Plant management for implementation of process safety improvement plans and actions both in the Site as for the technologies he is responsible for.
· Liaison and coordinate with Central Safety group for implementation of process safety related standard & procedures.
· Liaison and coordinate with Central Safety group for Risk Management and Process Safety activities.
· Lead Risk management (PHA, LOPA, SIS, etc.) studies for identifying risks & their controls.
· Analysis of the incidents investigations & advise the line management of Improvement activities to avoid reoccurrences.
· Develop standards for controls and barrier management in his assigned technology.